R438A (Freon™/Isceon® MO99)
R438A (Freon™/Isceon MO99) is a HFC blend, used as a replacement for R22 in domestic, industrial and commercial air conditioning systems. It is also a retrofit replacement for R22 in low and medium temperature refrigeration systems and DX chiller systems.
Commercial Air Conditioning
Industrial Air Conditioning
Domestic Air Conditioning
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Substitute for R22
- Zeotropic refrigerant blend containing R32, R125, R134a, Butane and Ipentane
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors can be charged with most current oils but polyolester oil is preferred, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Lowest Global Warming Potential (GWP) of Isceon range
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly
Find a UK Supplier
For Refrigerants and Service Gases.
Enter a city, town or postcode in the search box to find suppliers in the UK.
For distribution partners outside of the UK, please contact your local A-Gas team.
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)