Our AHRI compliment laboratories around the world ensure the ongoing supply of superior refrigerant products.
The A-Gas laboratory has been constructed and equipped under strict guidelines of AHRI 700 testing requirements. A-Gas provides refrigerant analysis services through our state-of-the-art on site laboratory. Our analysis services enable end users to identify the refrigerant in a system and detect potential contaminant levels. Our refrigerant analysis kit includes a sample cylinder, complete with full instructions and a submission form. A minimum sample of 500g is required for an accurate analysis and the instruction form must be filled in and returned to A-Gas with the sample. The analysis test results will indicate problems with oil residue, moisture, acidity, composition, purity, non-condensables and R40 (Methyl Chloride).Refrigerant Analysis Instruction Form
The A-Gas laboratory is equipped to perform the analysis of Halon 1301 and 1211 in accordance with ASTM D5632-08 Type I / II and ASTM D7673-10 Type I / II respectively. Our analysis verifies whether Halon 1301 and 1211 meet the required specification level for use as a firefighting medium. The parameters tested are purity, water content, acidity, qualitative test for halogen ion, non-volatile residue, suspended matter and non-condensable gases (Type II).
Oil testing can provide early warning of potential problems by identifying concentrations of metals and other contaminants in the oil. This can avoid unscheduled downtime and also prevent damage to equipment. Our oil analysis kit contains a small bottle to take the oil sample and an instruction from which both need to be returned to A-Gas for analysis to take place.
Refrigeration systems that contain Carbon Dioxide (CO2/R744) require strict controls on moisture, oil and other contaminants. Our CO2 analysis service enables end users to identify the purity and moisture levels of the product in the system. Our analysis cylinders have been designed specifically for liquid CO2 samples to be charged into the cylinder and our laboratory facilities have been set up to handle the analysis based on the specifications set by the industry standard. The correct sampling techniques and appropriate cylinders are essential for obtaining a meaningful analytical result (a standard refrigerant analysis cylinder is not suitable for this use). For further information on our CO2 analysis service please refer to the information sheet below.CO2 analysis Information Sheet
The glycol testing services available from A-Gas can determine the overall health of Heat Transfer Fluids (HTF) and the systems in which they operate. Such tests include:
- Fluid pH – The pH of the fluid gives a good indication of its overall health. A low pH (<7 ) is generally indicative of fluid degradation and can lead to system corrosion if left unchecked. A high pH (>9.5) increases the risk of corrosion of certain metals.
- Refractive Index & Freeze Protection – An accurate determination of freeze point provides reliable information on the protection offered to a system.
- Biological Fouling – An aqueous based HTF and the systems in which they operate can be susceptible to biological fouling. A biological growth test can be conducted to identify fouling early and also to ensure disinfection is carried out successfully.
- Conductivity – The electrical conductivity of a HTF can be used to detect the onset of corrosion.
With most HFC products currently produced in China, importers need confidence in the quality of the products they are importing. A-Gas offers a pre-shipment testing service for refrigerants and HFC fire protection products shipped from China. This is for both bulk and packaged product and takes place when the merchandise is complete, packed and ready for shipment. The following aspects are inspected:
1) Full quality analysis of product before shipment
2) Leak detection using professional tools
3) Unit weight of small package products
4) Carton artwork, label, shrink seal, valve size and cylinder handle
5) Others as specified by customers
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
A Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is a document that contains information on the potential health effects of exposure to chemicals, or other potentially dangerous substances.
Technical InformationTechnical Information
For technical information on our range of products please click below to view all the available downloads.