R290 (Propane) is refrigerant grade propane, used as an alternative to R404A and R407 series refrigerants in new refrigeration and air conditioning systems. R290 (Propane) is a Hydrocarbon and although highly flammable it is an efficient refrigerant that has a low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
Commercial Air Conditioning
Industrial Air Conditioning
Domestic Air Conditioning
*Heat pumps, Water heaters
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- R290 (Propane) is fitted with a left handed DIN 477-1 valve; an adaptor may be required
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid and vapour phase
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and low toxicity with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 3
- Excellent thermodynamic properties leading to high energy efficiency
- Due to its flammable nature R290 (Propane) requires different charging, recovery procedures and equipment
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly
Find a UK Supplier
For Refrigerants and Service Gases.
Enter a city, town or postcode in the search box to find suppliers in the UK.
For distribution partners outside of the UK, please contact your local A-Gas team.
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)